Sunday, September 4, 2011

GIVING A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME

'BREAKING BAD' #7

I have watched the whole first season now--seven episodes--and I can finally say I truly like it. It is a great show, if you have the patience to sit through some tedious parts. (Link:)
http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad

I identify with Walt. Getting old is kind of like having terminal cancer. The future doesn't seem like forever any more. There are some things you can’t do. You feel weak and tired at times for no reason. Your hair gets thin. The larger society doesn’t care what you’re going through.

I read an interview with the show's creator, Vince Gilligan, who says he believes you should give the audience as little information as possible as you go along. (Link:)

I think that is why the show is so tedious and boring at times.
But when you look back on it--when it sits in the mind, as one of my professors used to say--it compresses agreeably. 
Overall, I recommend it. You have to be patient, but the rewards are worth it.

-- Roger


No comments: